Heart of Cole (HOC) represents the employees of UPMC Cole, working together for the future of health care in our community, for our families, our friends, and neighbors. Heart of Cole is a club organized by employees to provide opportunities to support each other and UPMC Cole’s future.
Any UPMC Cole employee can become a giving club member. You determine the amount of your tax-deductible gift and also decide how you would like your donation distributed. You can select one, two, or all three of the Heart of Cole funding areas — scroll below.
To enroll or if you have questions about your current contributions, contact Andrea Streich at 814-274-5520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Donation Distribution Options
Provides monetary assistance to employees of UPMC Cole and its subsidiary corporations for personal loss due to natural disaster, injury, extended illness, or death.
- Emergencies including – Destruction of personal property by fire or natural disaster which are not covered by insurance. Funeral expenses not otherwise covered by insurance for immediate family.
- Cost of continuing health insurance premiums when an employee is on an extended medical leave of absence.
- Other expenses as deemed appropriate by the HOC committee.
Provides monetary assistance for a project chosen by the HOC committee members. Employees can suggest project ideas to the committee that will provide comfort to our employees, patients, and their families on the UPMC Cole Campus.
- Projects should be broad-reaching and serve the greater good of the organization. Projects will be chosen at least every two years and will not exceed available funds in the Project Fund account.
- Funds will continue to support the Stimaker Healing Garden to maintain, preserve and enhance the beauty and accessibility of the park-like setting.
- Funds will support the hospital’s continuous efforts on enhancing the appearance and culture of the organization.
Community Connection Fund
Provides monetary and in-kind assistance to advance individual and community health throughout the communities we serve. Funding considerations should represent all of the communities we serve when possible.
Community outreach will include but not be limited to:
- Donations to non-profit organizations Health fairs/Health Screenings Food Bank donations
- Human Service, Volunteer, or Civic
Giving to the Heart of Cole gives me HOPE. HOPE for the development of future projects and programs, HOPE that my small contribution will allow great things to happen, and finally HOPE that we all get a piece of the spirit of giving that our hospital was founded on through Charles Cole’s generous heart so together we can make a difference."
— Patty Wilson, Lead Accounting Analyst, UPMC Cole